Every homeowner passes for different emotions when they are relocating to a new city or state, because it will depend on whatever is making you move in the first place. For some of them, it’s an exciting chapter in their lives, but for others, the process of selling their current house can be daunting and overwhelming. The reason can be a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. Especially when you are moving in the summer heat, because summer is a popular time for relocations due to favorable weather conditions and school breaks.The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Memphis Tn right now!). In this blog, we’ll provide you with valuable tips to help make your summer relocation a breeze, ensuring a smooth transition to your new home.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
Avoid last-minute stress, so plan your summer relocation well in advance. Make a checklist of tasks to accomplish before, during, and after the move. You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Memphis, the highest number of active listings occurred on May 15, 2023, with 1,556 listings. Things can change in the blink of an eye. A well-organized plan will help you stay on track and reduce moving day anxiety. For example, consider using color-coded labels or a numbering system to keep track of your boxes and make the unpacking process more organized. Here you’ll find 9 Expert Organizing Tips to Make Moving Easier when you are relocating.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Memphis Tn house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Memphis… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can use an online valuation tool, hiring an appraiser, using a real estate agent, checking comparable homes in your area or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house. Always take in mind some little details like the age of the roof or the condition of the home to have a good estimate.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. Because if you need to move to your new place fast to start your new life, your house can not be on the market for a long time or you will keep paying 2 mortgage payments, 2 insurance payments, etc. You likely can’t or won’t want to commute back and forth to prepare the other home for sale, arrange showings, or negotiate offers for the old home.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Try to hire an agent that specializes in relocating or moving homes quickly. According to Allied Moving Services, nearly 42% of relocating employees only had 0-30 days to settle in before they had to start their new job, so if you don’t have the time or use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest is not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.
- Stage your home: Make sure that the home looks its best and provides a warm welcome. Whether you’re still living in the house or have moved out, you’ll want to create an inviting space that will draw buyers in. Leave a few pieces of furniture and some decor to create a space that still looks lived in.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Memphis Tn agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
Relocating during the summer offers favorable weather conditions, but it’s essential to plan and prepare accordingly. By following these tips, you can ensure a smooth and stress-free summer move. Stay organized, protect your belongings from the heat, and prioritize your well-being throughout the process.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
If time is of the essence, you might want to consider alternative selling methods such as selling to a cash buyer (like us) or using a real estate auction. These methods can expedite the sale but may come with certain trade-offs.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Memfixerupper And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Memphis?
We’re cash home buyers. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Memphis homeowners who need to sell fast because they are facing different challenges like relocating. We specialize in helping you sell your house off-market for the highest price.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Memphis community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Memphis real estate, so please feel free to call us at 901-450-5179 and chat with us anytime.