Olive Branch is such a great city in Mississippi. With a superior school system and just a wonderful place to live. There are 253 homes for sale, and the median listing home price in Olive Branch, MS was $349.7K in January 2023, trending down -2.2%. The median listing home price per square foot was $151. If your Olive Branch, Mississippi house is facing a foreclosure, and you wish to avoid it… or if you just need to sell your Olive Branch house fast for another reason (you inherited a house, relocating and need to sell, lost your job, agent can’t sell your house, etc.)… then one of the best options that you can consider is thinking about finding someone to buy your Olive Branch Mississippi house for cash.
If you are facing a foreclosure situation a local cash investor, like Memfixerupper, can provide options where you will not only profit and improve your credit rating but also get extra money into your account. Your credit score, which is an important aspect of your financial life, will remain untainted since you will settle your debt in time, and you can use the extra cash from your sale in other projects or your new home. However, you have to study the prevailing market conditions. That is, find out factors that are likely to influence the value of your home… before getting ready to sell it. Remember, when your house is foreclosed, you will lose your property as well as your credit rating. Foreclosure information generally remains in your credit report for seven years from the date of the foreclosure but depending on other elements of your credit history and the type of mortgage lender, you may not even be able to qualify for a new home loan.
Buy My House for Cash in Olive Branch, Mississippi: The Plan
The first step that you need to take in order to sell your Olive Branch house fast to someone else with a “buy my Olive Branch Mississippi house for cash” mentality, is to come up with a game plan.
If you choose to list with a real estate agent. They should help you come up with a plan. Be sure to negotiate with your lender as you contact an agent who is well informed regarding the sale of such properties in your area. The agent should have the latest report on property values in order to help you quote the right price for your house. Lenders are open to all sorts of workout arrangements that can help a homeowner get back on track. Mortgage lenders can agree to:
- Fix or keep constant an interest rate that is about to start adjusting.
- Lengthen an introductory “teaser” interest rate or payment.
- Grant a temporary forbearance that allows the borrower to stop making payments for up to six months.
- Defer some payments to the end of the loan, adding several months to the loan term.
When negotiating a workout with your lender, ask the representative how this will appear on your credit report. You need to understand the credit implications of your compromise before you agree to it. If the compromise will be reported as a derogatory item, try to negotiate and look at the way in which your lender will report as “Pays as Agreed”. If you don’t get the lender’s agreement to do that before you agree to the compromise, you never will.
1. How fast do you need to sell?
This is one of the most important first decisions you need to make… because this really dictates what options you really have. If you have more time… you have more options open to you.
If you have less time… your options are a bit fewer… but you still have great options out there.
If you need to sell in less than 2 months (or even less time than that), you likely don’t have the time to list your house with an agent. You’ll likely have to try to sell the house yourself (if you know how to) or sell your house to a local professional house buyer like Memfixerupper (and you can call us at 901-450-5179 and we can make you a fast-fair all-cash offer on your Olive Branch area house) that way you will save time and money.
2. How much do you need to sell your Olive Branch house for?
If you’d like to sell your house for full retail… but you have to sell your house fast and can’t afford to list it with a real estate agent… determine what you need to get out of your house sale.
That’ll help guide you to your true options for selling.
If the price you “need” to get doesn’t leave room for a real estate agents commission… you may need to look at selling the house FSBO or getting an offer from a local real estate house buying company like us… to see if that gets you closer to where you need to end up.
On the flip side… if you need near full-retail value and you can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along who can pay that price…the real estate agent will list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have the time… consider talking to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if you need to, with all cash).
3. Look into your options and take action!
Like I mentioned above, if you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Olive Branch Mississippi house for cash”… the main things you need to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell?
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale?
Once you know those… look at your options below as a quick guide to help you decide which options may work for you with your local Olive Branch house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford the 3-6% in commissions on the sale. If so, going with an agent will likely get you your highest price on your property but it will take some months.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Olive Branch house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house… but we don’t charge any fees at all. What we offer you is a fair offer for your home. If you value your time and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now… call us today at 901-450-5179 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself. You might need to invest in advertisements and some marketing techniques until you find your buyer.
- Talk To Your Bank: Do you owe more money on your home than your property is worth? Are you in or nearing foreclosure?… Your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden. Like the An Enhanced Relief RefinanceSM program, that can help you reduce your mortgage rate or change your interest structure. Another common option is a short sale.